- The goal is to place one of the 21 labels on each
ornament so that when read in the normal order,
the letters on the labels will spell out a line from a
well-known Christmas carol.
- Each ornament shows a total and has room for one
label. Each label contains a number and
- The total on each ornament is the result of adding the
number on its label to the numbers on the labels close to
it (as indicated by the dashed lines).
- For example, if you placed four labels in the upper
left corner as shown here, they would have the
proper total, 37, for the indicated ornament.
- Each row total is the result of adding together the
numbers on the labels of each ornament in that